WHAT IS BEIGE RECORDS?
Beige Records is a Music Label dedicated to supporting up and coming artists. Our focus is, and always will be, building something out of nothing. Our mission is to assist Artists to break into the industry and make a career out of their music. After years of trying to break into the industry, our founder decided it was time to learn the ins and outs of what it takes to 'make it'. In this learning it was shocking to discover how much talent was going unnoticed in the world, and that 95% of 'making it' had nothing to do with the actual music itself. It was all about the marketing, and not only getting the music into as many ears as possible - but making sure that it sticks! We are here to educated and develop musicians into something more than what they are today.
WHERE IS BEIGE RECORDS LOCATED?
Beige Records is half located in Vancouver Canada, and half in Paris France. This allows us to be well tuned with the North American and European markets. Our Artists reside all around the world. The power of the internet!
WHAT DOES A MUSIC LABEL DO FOR AN ARTIST?
A Record labels job is to take care of anything and everything that will allow their artists to focus on what they're good at, making music! Your label should be taking care of your design, your distribution, and most importantly, your exposure. The promotion (exposure) is what separates one label from another. Anyone can put together artwork and organize distribution, but how many people can your label get your music in front of? That's what makes the biggest difference.
DO I GIVE UP ALL MY RIGHTS BY JOINING BEIGE RECORDS?
Absolutely not, almost all of our releases give 100% control to you, the artist. What this means is that at any point, if you wanted to remove the music from a certain platform, or make any changes to the music - you have full autonomy to do so. If you decide one day you no longer like the music we've released for you, you have full rights to have it removed. You could even re-release the music yourself if you absolutely wanted to. We want to give you full creative freedom and not lock you into a contract that would limit your talents.
DOES BEIGE RECORDS DISTRIBUTE TO SPOTIFY, APPLE, AMAZON, DEEZER, TIDAL, ETC...?
Yes, yes, yes, yes. If someone can listen to music on it, we'll make sure your music gets there!
WHAT'S A 'RELEASE BUDGET'?
A release budget is standard with any music releases that happen in the industry. This represents how much your label has allocated for a specific release. Songs with more potential will generally be given higher budgets to reach wider audiences.
WHAT DOES A RELEASE BUDGET COVER?
A release budget covers everything in between that goes into a release, to name a few:
- The design. It's important a new fan can connect with your music before they've even heard it.
- The distribution relationships, ensuring releases are set up on time and get delivered through each platform.
- The promotion. The most important of all. Relationships with promotional channels across platforms like SoundCloud and Spotify all have a cost associated.
- Anything else in between, screen time, ads, website space, merchandise, you name it!
WHAT WOULD BEIGE RECORDS DO FOR ME?
1. DESIGN: Beige takes care of the design. A part of the release that is often overlooked. The design (Artwork) of your release needs to be so captivating that it grabs the listeners attention before they even hear your music. It needs to grab, and hold onto their attention among the hundreds of other new releases they come across on a daily basis.
2. DISTRIBUTION: Beige takes care of the distribution. You shouldn't need to focus on going back and forth with Distributors making sure everything is set up properly at the right time on the right platforms with the right artwork and the proper formatting for credits. Let us take care of the boring stuff, you should focus on what you do best, making music!
3. PROMOTION: Beige takes care of the promoting. The most important part of all is making sure your music gets heard. That is our number ONE focus. It's our job to make sure your music gets the exposure it deserves. If we've reached out to you at this point that's because we believe you have a lot more run way and that you're currently reaching less than 5% of the audience you need to get start building a real fan base. We have partnerships with S/C promo channels as well as Spotify Playlist curators. These are the two major platforms we use to generate exposure for our Artists. Working with Beige will help you get your music into the ears of thousands of new real listeners.
4. INSIGHT: Beige will teach you everything you need to know about making it in the music industry. With a combined 15+ years in the industry, the finest minds have come together to create Beige Records - and with that a whole lot of information! Take advantage of what we've learned and put it into play. Want to know how to get your music heard by the people who matter? Want to know how to get shout outs on major blogs for free? We want to teach you how to do all of these things yourself.
HOW DOES AN ARTIST GET PAID?
After releasing your music on all the major platforms it takes 3 months before they will start to pay royalties. Once they start paying you will begin to see your royalty cheques coming in each and every month. Once we set up the release you'll be able to select how you get paid. Most commonly the platforms like to pay directly via PayPal.
Once the release is set your music will be 'copyrighted'. What that means is that every time someone hears your song you will be earning on it. Whether it be through Spotify, Apple, Amazon, even a Youtube Video that someone decided to use your song on - you'll be earning royalties!